21 August 2008

Go Stros..... to 2009 ?

As much as I hate to say it, and as much as I love playoff baseball, I would like to see the Astros pack it in for the season. At the current pace they may get to .500 or maybe even 87 wins, as yours truly predicted, however, I don't think they can win a playoff series with this pitching staff.



I say why not let some AAA players come up and play and maybe they can showcase their skills....no laughing, and get some trades done in the offseason. CC Sabathia will be available and maybe someone else and the Stros should be able to make a serious push for the pennent in 2009. Rest Roy O and let your best AAA pitcher get a taste of the Bigs...... no laughing and see what happens. Berkman, Pence, and Lee are a threesome with enough pop that the offense should still produce.

Now don't get me wrong I won't be upset if they stay status quo and win just enough to get us excited only to drop the chance at the postseason at the last moment. I know one thing for sure Uncle Drayton won't have a problem filling the seats at Minute Maid, no matter who he has one the field.

All I'm saying is Please Astros let us down easy, either way I am excited about 2009......... if the offseason is done right.


GO ASTROS!!!!

No comments: