22 July 2008

Jaguars to the Super Bowl?

Let me preface by telling you that the jaguars are on the short list of my most hated teams. I just don't understand why the national media are picking that team to make it to the Super Bowl. Yes they were a good team last year. Doesn't a team or two take a few steps back every year? These guys are way overrated this season. Can you believe that Pete Prisco of cbs has JAX rated #5 in his power rankings, while he has our Texans rated #23? Are you kidding me? Just like the maniac said in a previous post, Houston gets absolutely no respect. If past history is any indication , Gerrard will be injured for a good stretch of games and who is their backup? Ladies & gentlemen I give to you.......Cleo Lemon. Cleo Lemon? Of the 2007 ,1-15 Miami Dolphins? That Cleo Lemon? This guy is supposed to step in and fill in for the oft injured David Gerrard. Good luck with that! I also have to mention the fact that this team is counting on two rookies to fill in for pro bowl caliber defensive linemen. How many D-linemen have flopped coming out of the first round in recent history? Wasn't that one of the big knocks on the Texans taking Super Mario with the first pick? Jax will have a stout running game to be sure but with all the other questions , I'm going to have to pick them to finish behind our Texans . In fact I'm willing to bet they finish last in the division.

1 comment:

texanmaniac said...

Agreed! The Jags, Oilers and ponies are due for a season of regression, whilst our Texans will greatly improve!!