13 March 2009

Random Thoughts

If you are reading this, then you either know me or you dig my cool name and you clicked on it to see where it leads. Welcome, I hope you comment and if you do please give a name and yes it can be made up and really cool like mine.

The Rockets are a better team without Tracy Mac and I hope he doesn't wear a Rocket red uniform again. If Ron Artest keeps his mouth shut and plays basketball this team could at the very least make the second round of the playoffs this year.

The Astros are getting beat down regularly this spring, but I think things will get better once the season begins. having said that , I'm putting their over/under of wins at 75. My family and I will attend at least one game and they are undefeated when we attend.

The Texans are having a good off season, I think. I'm excited about the draft and this upcoming season. I have a gut feeling of great things happening to the Texans this season.

Posts will come more frequently once the NBA playoffs get here and baseball gets in full swing. I'm also going to use this format to brag on my kids. My daughter is a softball pitcher and my son plays outfield for a select team and shortstop for a youth league team so I will be posting regular updates on them just for fun.....if you don't like.....learn to.


-Peace,

GO TEXANS

GO ASTROS

GO ROCKETS

2 comments:

Bothfeetin said...

I agree about Tracy and the team going forward. His legacy here in Houston will be, not what he accomplished on the court during any season, but instead what he didn't accomplish down the stretch and in games that determined the play-offs. He has been injured more than healthy and most of the time he played that way, which was admirable but not worthy of the franchise salary he collected. The Rockets of the championship years were made up of the best center that ever dribbled a basketball (not just because I'm biased...which I am) and a cast of a pieced together group of players who played to their strengths and had a winning drive that was part Rudy induced and part a collective team attitude of not backing down and believing. (yes I still have my DO YOU BELIEVE poster. This team has a history of putting a star player in front of them and laying back on the perimeter of the game instead of rallying around them. But they did overcome that in 94 and 95. It would have been a shame if "The Dream" would have played the way he did for as long as he did without the bling bling to show for it but that didn't happen! I see the Rockets advancing to round 2 and possibly going further with these players. There's something familiar in their hunger of late and after watching them dismantle a very good Portland team last week here in my Northwest abode, I just might whip out my poster once again.

Bothfeetin said...

As far as the Astros go, I'm ashamed to say that I have yet to pick up a score or check team stats for spring training. The reason is simple....I hate cheaters and have been completely turned off by the new round of Roidgates. It appears that just about every bigger-than-life player in the game of baseball was and is...well...bigger-than-life or at least bigger than they should have been. Being a baseball purest as I am, I know I'll get back into it soon. It's in my blood and I love the game but I just haven't yet. I'm thinking right now that the only reason pre 90's players aren't implicated for roid use is because there wasn't testing for it. The game has been hijacked by big money and suited criminals who feed off of it. The better you are as a player the richer your agent gets and of course you as well. The motivation to be better than you are capable of with the talents God gave you is too much of a temptation not to look to drug dealers in white coats and quite frankly I for one am fed up with the whole scene. Every time I see a ball fly out of a stadium and the croud roar, I can't help but think if it was real or just another lab induced payoff to greed. Yes I'm a bit cynical but I'm not alone.