18 March 2009

OKLAHOMA, OKLAHOMA, OKLAHOMA!!!

It's NCAA tourney time again, or as I like to call it, almost baseball season.

I filled out my bracket last night and I feel pretty good about my final four. The play-in game or opening round game as it is sometimes referred to featured Moorehead ST. and Alabama St. and I picked Moorehead St. to win and they did so I'm 100% in Bracketology so far.

Now I don't pretend to know anything about any of the teams in the tourney, I'm just a casual watcher, but I do like filling out the Bracket to see if I really know squat. Throughout the season I have seen lots of highlights of Oklahoma and thier tightend of a power forward, Blake Griffin and I must say that I'm impressed. This young man can play some ball and he hustles like noone I've ever seen.

I was hoping when it came time to fill out my bracket that Oklahoma would be in a situation where I would feel comfortable at least advancing them to the Final Four.

Well, lets get to my final four:
The Midwest division; I have Wake Forest and Kansas with Kansas advancing.

West; Uconn gets beat by Memphis

East; Pitt is a 1 seed for the first time ever, I think and they will beat UCLA to advance

South; This is the most interesting division in the tourney to me. I have always been partial to UNC Tarheels, mainly because when I first started watching College basketball UNC was very good and I was an Oiler fan and the light blue really caught my eye. Tyler Hansborough(sp?) has a lot of hustle as well and I have picked UNC to the Final Four each of the last 3 seasons.

This season Oklahoma and UNC must meet, at least in my bracket in order to advance. My thoughts are Blake Griffin will know that if they win this game they head to Detroit. I can't see Oklahoma losing this game, I think Griffin out hustles Hansborough and Oklahoma advances.


So my Final Four are:

Kansas vs Memphis

Pitt vs Oklahoma

Champ Game:

Kansas vs Oklahoma


The winner is......OKLAHOMA, OKLAHOMA, OKLAHOMA!!!!

No comments: